Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh , We pray this finds everyone well, wrapped in Allah’s mercy and steadfastly traveling the path to eternal felicity, in sha Allah.
A few days ago there was an allegation that the Salafis bombed the Maqam of the Sahabi Ammar ibn Yasir Radi Allahu Anhu and after we researched various pages and videos this initially appeared to be the case but when we researched further we considered the points below
Who is Hazrat Ammar ibn Yasir Radi Allahu Anhu ?
Hazrat Ammar bin Yasir Radi Allahu Anhu was one of the most famous Sahaba and he was among the slaves freed by Hazrat Abu Bakr Radi Allahu Anhu and he was one of the Muhajirun.
His mother was Sumayyah bint Khabbab, the seventh one to accept Islam, his father was Yasir ibn Amir. He is most famous for the hadith by the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), ”Ammar will be killed by the errant group.”
The False Allegation:
We have had various messages from brothers such as Sidi Mohammd Khalil (Hafidahullah) and others regarding the information that has been spread on various arabic pages and the videos that have been spread on YouTube:
Sidi Khalil says, This is pure lies. Neo-Safavid propaganda. Here’s a link with pictures from his (Radi Allah ‘anhu) actual maqam, which looks nothing like the strange clip (which I will get back to): http://bit.ly/16sESWu
The clip referred to in the article was uploaded to YouTube on the… 10th of March 2013. Though the exact same clip was uploaded on the 4th of March 2013 with the title “FSA Terrorists Blow up a Shiite Shrine”. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1hYlkIHhgY&feature=youtu.be
My guess is that when they realised nobody cared about the claim that a “Shiite Shrine” has been blown up, they chose to use the FSA:s gains in Al-Raqqa province as a reason to claim that the FSA have blown up a Sahabis maqam, and this fits well because Sayyiduna ‘Ammar bin Yassirs maqam is in Raqqa City (which just recently was completely liberated).
If we go back to the clip:
1) This clip has not been uploaded by any rebel group from Syria as of yet. And I challenge anybody to track down its origin.
2) The guy on the clip doesnt present himself, which group he’s representing, where he is, or who/what he’s going to blow up. He only says that he’s in a “village in Syria” and that he’s gonna blow up a “place of visit” (i.e. a maqam) with the underlying purpose of spreading “tawhid”.
3) There isnt a single statement from any rebel group about this incident. How does one spread “tawhid” – even in their twisted logic – by blowing up a maqam and then not making it public to anyone?
If we focus on ulama of Ahl at-Tasawwuf:
1) Like I said earlier the earliest copy of this clip on YouTube I could find was from 4th of March 2013, it’s safe to say that the blowing up (if it even occured, something is telling me this is computer made, look at it over and over again and you’ll maybe see what I mean) occured earlier that that. That’s atleast 10 days ago. Why havent a single Shaykh form Ahl at-Tasawwuf in Syria said anything? How likely is it that the maqam of one of the greatest Sahaba is blown up to bits and no sufi reacts – in over ten days?!
2) If what I have already written is not enough to ease your mind – I’m pretty confident his maqam is fine alhamdulilah – one only need to get in contact with a Shaykh who have connections with Shuyukh in Syria, which in turn can look this up rather quickly by their networks.
Footage of the Destruction: