When unsurpassed glory spread over the earth!!
AlHamduLILLAH Thumma AlHamduLILLAH!! We are again blessed with the arrival and celebration of this Blessed Month of Rabi al-Noor. May ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta’ala bless us all with the blessings of this holy month and give us an opportunity to explore and enjoy the blessings of this holy month in Madina al-Munawwarah, the city of HIS Habeeb al-Kareem Alaihi afDalus Salati wa al-Tasleem… Aameen!!
Dear Friends! After promising ourselves to quit the injurious company of the deviants on the 93rd Urs-e-Razawi, now it’s time to make ourselves an example of the blessed teachings of the Beloved Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam! Today, it is a tragedy that we do not derive lessons and benefits from the teachings of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah SallAllahu Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam as his faithful followers ought to do. The real and true method of celebrating the birth of the Beloved Habeeb SallAllahu Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam is by intensely concentrating on his actions and trying to benefit as much as possible from his words. We should also try to imitate the Noble Companions Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhum Ajma’een — the model disciples and followers, in our homes and outside, in businesses and private and social gatherings.
We should celebrate the birth of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah SallAllahu Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam with the same glow and serene devotion as that of the Companions of the Holy Prophet Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhum Ajma’een and the early Muslims. We profess love for Sayyiduna Rasoolullah SallAllahu Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam and express it by celebrating his birthday. However, our lives and outlook should bear remembrance in the true sense of the word. Now that we have the tremendous advantage of acquiring and spreading knowledge, there is no excuse on our part for not following the life and teachings of the Holy Prophet SallAllahu Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam to reinforce and fasten our covenant with Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta’ala.
1. We can try to recite the Holy Quran al-Kareem at least once in a day. Let it be One Ayah, One Ruku’, One Chapter or as much as we can.
2. We must try our level best to offer all five (5) obligatory prayers at their particular timings and not to leave Jama’ah (Congregation), especially the FAJR Prayer.
3. Try observing a voluntary (nafl) fast on Monday for thankfulness because the Holy Prophet SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam himself fasted on this day.
4. My brothers who shave the blessed Sunnah of Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) i.e. the beard, can put their effort to beautify their faces with the beard. Sayyiduna Ibn ‘Umar Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah has said, “Do the opposite of what the polytheists do; let the beard grow long and clip the mustache.” A version has, “trim the mustache down and leave the beard.”
5. My sisters who do not observe a proper Veil (Hijab) can protect themselves by observing the proper veil (Hijab), as it’s also necessary for a Muslim woman. In Surah 33, Verse 59, Almighty Allah says: “O Prophet! Enjoin upon your wives, your daughters and women believers to draw their clothes around them. That is more proper, so that they may be recognized and not be molested.” A newly converted Muslim woman when observed Hijab for the first time, said, “It feels more protected than having huge security of armed forces” – wa alHamduLILLAH
6. Let us delete all movies and songs saved in our PCs, laptops, iPods, cell phones or any other device and move the CDs, DVDs and cassettes to the trash bin. It is stated in Bayhaqi’s Shu’ab al-Iman and Kanz al-‘Ummal that Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) said, “Songs (Music) cultivate Nifaq (evil) in the minds similar to water growing the crop”
7. We can make an attempt to feed the poor and destitute according to our own ability.
8. We can try making arrangements for clothes or other requirements of someone in need or of a widow.
9. We can make an effort and make arrangements for the fees and books of a poor or orphan child.
10. Try making arrangements for the medicines of a needy patient or at least helping his family with clothing and other requirements.
12. Try meeting relatives, friends and neighbours and presenting them with authentic books on the biography of the Holy Prophet SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam, admonishing them to be steadfast on the teachings of Islam and making them pay attention towards Salah, Sawm and other Islamic duties.
13. Those having an habit or I must say disease of swearing and using abusive slang language in their conversations must leave this act as it is detested by Almighty Allah and is taken as an unethical act even by the general public.
14. Another Beautiful Sunnah Mubarak of our Beloved Prophet Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him is to wear the blessed Turban. Wearing a turban is the tradition of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam), especially during the prayers. The prayer that is performed wearing a turban carries more reward and according to another narration, the prayer performed wearing a turban carries 70 times reward than that of without the Turban.
15. Recite as much as Durood Sharif as we can. Apart from the virtues and blessings of reciting Durood Sharif described in Ahadith, this will also help us avoid unnecessary and unwanted talks and gossips and reward for avoiding useless conversation will be achieved as a bonus in sha Allah!!
16. We must try and make a paramount effort towards lighting up our homes and surrounding area and making the pathways clean.
17. We must keep our parents pleased and contented with ourselves at the extreme. We have to make sure that we don’t give them a single chance to complain to any of our action that can possibly hurt them.
18. We must try transforming our internal conflicts into love and making a covenant to live and work together and that none amongst us will ever create conflicts.
19. We have to respect our elders especially our parents, grandparents and teachers. Also, we should be kind, affectionate and loving towards our younger and give them sweets, toffees and other small gifts that please them.
20. Last but not the least, we must read and share the narrations of celebrating the blessed Birth of the Beloved Prophet Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him from the authentic books of our prominent Ahl as-Sunnah Scholars in sha ALLAH!!
If we ascetically act upon all the above said advices or even few of them, I am pretty sure that we would become eligible to be called a practical and true Muslim. May Allah give us the tawfeeq, increase our strength and keep us firm upon whatever good we intend to do.
Let us offer such special gifts in the August Court of the Master of the Mankind, King of the Creation of Allah Almighty, Our Master, Our Beloved Prophet MuHammad Sallallaho Alaihi wa Sallam on his Birthday. May ALLAH Azza wa Jall and His Beloved Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) accept our humble presents… Aameen!!
JazakALLAHu Khariah aHsan al-Jaza fid Daarain in anticipation and the Blessed Month of Rabi’ al-Noor Mubarak to everyone once again!!