As-salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
We pray this message finds everyone in good health and the most elevated state of spirits, in sha Allah.
Just a small reminder to recite Allahuma Sallay Ala Muhammadin Abdika Wa Nabiyika Wa Rasoolikan Nabiyyil Ummiyi. Reciting this darood and salaam upon Nabi SAW 80 times on Friday takes away 80 years of sin.(This Hadith is considered “Hasan” by Abu Abdillah Al-Nu’man- Al-Qawl al-Badee’, pg 382, Al Muassah al-Rayyan / Takhreej Al-Ihya with Ihya, vol 1, pg 247, Dar Al-Hadith). Also try to read Surah Al-Kahf and visit the graveyard, both are established sunnahs of Nabi Peace Be Upon Him .
Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith (May Allah be pleased with her) reported, the Mother of the Believers: The Prophet (peace be upon him) came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet (peace be upon him said, “Are you still in the same position as I left you.” I replied in the affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet said, “I recited four words three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. These are: Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, `adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wa zinatah `arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi [Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the weight of His Throne and equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise)].”[Sahih Muslim]. Take two minutes to memorise the above and repeat it three times in the morning and in the evening. And it really does take only two minutes.
Todays khutbah will be very small if all you plan on doing is quickly reading it. But it will be bigger then mountains if you take your time and try and apply what is being read and check if these points apply to you. We tend to go around finding faults in others but we forget that when we point a finger at someone then three fingers are pointing straight back at us, try it yourself, make a pointing gesture with your index finger and see how the remaining three fingers point straight back at you. So today I want to list 10 things that we waste :
1. Our Knowledge: Wasted by not taking action with it more
2. Our Actions: Wasted by committing them without sincerity.
3. Our Wealth: Wasted by using on things that will not bring us ajr (reward from Allah). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which have no benefit in this life or in akhirah (hereafter).
4. Our Hearts: Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In it’s place, our hearts are filled with something or someone else.
5. Our Bodies: Wasted because we don’t use them in ibadah (worship) and service of Allah.
6. Our Love: Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.
7. Our Time: Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds.
8. Our Intellect: Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.
9. Our Service: Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa.
10. Our Dhikr (Remembrence of Allah): Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts
So did you count which of the 10 points actually apply to you. Its time to take stock before its too late. Look at the lesson from the hadith of Nabi Peace Be Upon Him when asked about the signs of the day of judgement. Nabi Peace Be Upon Him replied what have you done to prapare for it. Whilst we still have life inside us, we still have the opportunity to not be of those people who have wasted their lives chasing futile things. May Allah Ta’ala protect us and guide and keep us on the straight path, ameen.